Hi, I’m Nino Ricci, and I’m here to tell you about an exciting new project: the Amnesty International Book Club. This is an exciting venture, and a unique one in that it takes into account the role that literature has always played in helping to open us up to the plight of others, helping to expand our own humanity, and to take real action in the world on human rights issues.
Read Beyond the Book!
Contact us if you have questions!
About the Book Club
Launched in 2014, the Amnesty International Book Club is a project engaging readers, libraries and book clubs in reading beyond the book. What does that mean? In this book club, not only do we feature excellent literature, but we share interactive author interviews, podcast episodes, challenging discussion questions and rich background on the human rights aspects of popular novels. Our Book Club Newsletter has well over 6,000 subscribers, and is mailed monthly with the latest news in books, actions, reflective essays and our very special discussion guide.
Our newsletter is free, and everyone is welcome to subscribe.
If you are a school, library or book store, join our partner page and we will send you free bookmarks, posters and guides upon request!
Book Club Features:
- A fantastic discussion guide, where we explore themes and how they apply to the real world
- Find Amnesty actions in our guides
- Live webinars bring authors and readers together
- Podcast episodes featuring incredible writers
- Subscribe to our newsletter for book club news
- Printed copies of the Discussion Guides are also available if requested.
Awareness and Action – a unique combination only Amnesty International’s Book Club can offer. Sign up today!